BROWNED BUTTER BACON RICE KRISPIE TREATS (Submitted by Tesla...originally via Suga)
|Photo taken from www.cookeatplayrepeat.com|
4 slices of bacon
1 stick (4 oz) of unsalted butter
1 (10 oz) bag of marshmallows
1/4 tsp. seas salt
6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
1. Fry bacon in a small pan to desired crispness. Lay flat on paper towel to drain. Once cool, chop into pieces. *try not to eat any of the deliciousness...*
2. Spray an 8 x 8 pan and set aside.
3. Melt the stick of butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter starts to melt, stir continuously. Let the butter first froth, then start to darken a little, until it turns brown and smells toasty. KEEP STIRRING so that the butter does not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the marshmallows. Stir until completely melted.
5. Take the pan off the cooling burner and stir in the rice krispies, sea salt, and bacon pieces until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the pan you set aside. Spray the back of your spoon with cooking spray and then press the mixture hard into the pan to make sure it fills out the pan completely.
7. Once cool, you can cut and serve!
SWEET POTATO PIE (Submitted by Tesla)
|Picture from Tastebook.com|
1 premade pie crust
2 - 3 small sweet potatoes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy cream (though I've used Half and Half in a pinch)
3/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray surface of a baking sheet, then cut sweet potatoes lengthwise and place halves cut side down. Bake until the sweet potatoes feel tender.
2. Put the potatoes off to the side to cool for about 10 minutes. Turn the oven heat up to 400 degrees.
3. Spray the inside of your pie dish then unroll the crust into the dish and press the sides firmly, creating a good shell.
4. Remove the potato peels and smush the insides in a large bowl.
5 Mix in the ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beat each into the mixture until it feels combined.
6.Add the honey and heavy whipping cream, while mixing continuously.
7. Pour the filling mixture from the bowl into the pie shell, then bake at 400 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool, then enjoy!
...And that ends our special Holiday goodies posts for this year. Keep an eye out for our next Healthy "Fuel" of the Month post, where we'll be getting back to business!